Rocky River Dry Dock, Rocky River OH

Most recent update: January 26, 2015.


The Rocky River Dry Dock Company was formed in 1914, by Theodore Zickes and N. Simonson: it closed in 1921 and the property was converted into the Rocky River Yacht Club.  The yard was located on the west bank of the river, immediately south of the railroad bridge: see the site from the air on Google here.  If anyone can add to the table below, please send your info to timcolton@aol.com 

Hull # O.N. Original Name Original Owner Ship Type Tons Ft. Delivery Disposition
    SC 142 U.S. Navy Sub Chaser 135 110 30-Mar-18 To France as C-34
    SC 143 U.S. Navy Sub Chaser 135 110 10-Nov-17 Sold 1936
    SC 403 U.S. Navy Sub Chaser 135 110 24-Oct-18 To France as C-87
    SC 404 U.S. Navy Sub Chaser 135 110 24-Oct-18 To France as C-88
    SC 405 U.S. Navy Sub Chaser 135 110 24-Oct-18 Sent to France as C-84, damaged in transit and retained
    SC 406 U.S. Navy Sub Chaser 135 110 24-Oct-18 To France as C-94
    SC 437 U.S. Navy Sub Chaser 135 110 1-Mar-19 To USCG 1919 as Boyce, returned 1921, sold 1947 as Charimar, scrapped 1964
    SC 438 U.S. Navy Sub Chaser 135 110 1919 To USCG 1919 as Cook, sold 1936 as Islander, to USCG 1943 as Bonneville, sold 1946 as Victory, scrapped 1947
    Capt. Samuel C. Cardwell U.S. Army Launch 177 101 1919 To USPHS 1923, scrapped 1934
  223433 Lt. Harold B. Douglas U.S. Army Launch 177 101 1919 Sold 1924 as Douglas, abandoned 1956
    Capt. Edwin C. Long U.S. Army Launch 177 101 1919 To USLHS 1922 as Sundew, sold 1941, scrapped 1959
    Capt. Edward P. Nones U.S. Army Launch 177 101 1919 Sold to Panamanian interests 1932
    Maj. William P. Pence U.S. Army Launch 177 101 1919  
    Capt. Fred L. Perry U.S. Army Launch 177 101 1919 Sold 1934, later barge Consort, scrapped 1947